The security benefits of using credit cards have long been recognised. Even with the extra attention that is being placed on identity theft and credit card fraud these days, using your credit card is still one of the safest ways to pay for things available.
All credit card companies will provide you with an emergency number to call if your card is lost or stolen and in the vast majority of cases, any loss that is incurred by your account will be fully refunded by the card provider. This will always be the case unless you are somehow involved or to blame for the fraud, such as by giving out your security details to someone you shouldn’t have trusted. This means that even if your cards and information are stolen, you generally have nothing to worry about so long as you report the incident. Replacement cards can be sent to you very quickly.
Another benefit of credit cards over cash is that you can use them with ease abroad. They are fast becoming an internationally recognised currency. While cash will be accepted everywhere within your own country, credit cards are accepted at a huge number of locations all over the world. As soon as you step off a plane, and especially if you are travelling through a number of countries, a credit card will be an invaluable means of payment everywhere you go.
Another huge benefit of credit cards, that is really only beginning to show itself with the growth of Internet shopping, is the ease with which payments can be arranged online. There are thousands of websites now, all over the world that will conduct business with you and give you access to great prices if you have a credit card to pay for it. Gone are the days when cheques would be mailed in the post. Now, with new payment systems such as pay pal, even individuals can accept credit card payments with great ease and for very little expense. You should take care with your personal information and payment details however, and conduct business either via an intermediary such as pay pal, or only with companies you know you can trust.
The disadvantage of credit cards is that they can cost you money. You pay interest on balances that you carry from one month to another and if you do use your credit card abroad, you will have to accept additional charges from your card provider.
Plastic money is the most common form of money that is in circulation these days. It is available in different forms such as debit card, credit card, and many others. Though there are many forms of plastic currency available, credit cards occupy a very prominent place among others. The reason for such popularity of credit cards is their usage flexibility. These cards are very prominent among individuals who do not have ready cash to buy something. It comes with validity and a credit limit which varies from person to person. There are numerous banks and financial institutions offering credit cards and have their own set of rules and regulations to be satisfied by the customer who wants to opt for them. Apart from assisting people in need, these cards received the attention of many as they facilitate transaction without cash. Especially in countries like the USA where most of the people got used to this form of currency due to multiple reasons. Let's look at few points that state the uses of credit cards and their prominence in present days.
• You can make huge payments without cash.
• Higher credit limits depending on your salary.
• Flexible payment options.
• Purchase now and make payment in installments.
• Assists you making good credit history that helps you in making good credit ratings.
• Reward points for various purchases through these cards.
As you know various advantages of the credit card, now let's look at the steps through which you can get it:
• Visit a bank or financial institution which is offering credit cards Or else get in touch with them through online.
• Get the details of various types of cards offered by them. Generally, they offer a wide variety of cards that can satisfy all your needs with just one card.
• Select a card that is suitable for you. Before inquiring about a particular type of card look at the constraints that you must fulfill to get the eligibility of that card.
• Once you fulfilled all the criteria contact the executive who can help you in getting your card.
• You got to submit all the documents asked for which might include your salary slip, bank statement, photographs and any others if asked for.
• Once you submit all these documents the executive will inform you about the credit limit of your card and the reception of the card.
Once your documentation is done it might take another 15 days to receive your credit card. You can receive the card either at your residential or official address which ever you mention in the application form.